In more than 35 years of business, the experts at Schrock Commercial Roofing, Inc. have seen their fair share of leaky, damaged flat roofs. Flat or low-sloped roofs are a popular choice among business owners and property managers for their cost-effectiveness and ease of installation, not to mention the additional storage space. But with all those advantages comes a host of problems – standing water, drains that have a tendency to clog.
Statistics say a typical asphalt flat roof lasts just 10 years. Another popular flat roof membrane, rubber, on the other hand, can last as long as 40 years, although most warranties only guarantee the first 15. No matter the size or material of your flat roof, one thing is certain – at some point, repairs or restoration will no longer be sufficient, and it will need to be replaced. When that day comes, call the experts at Schrock Commercial Roofing, Inc. – (406) 961-2990.
5 Signs You Need to Replace Your Flat Roof
How do you know when you need to replace your roof? Experts say a roof should be replaced when it has reached the end of its projected service life or when more than 25 percent of it has been previously repaired, replaced, or restored. Here are 5 more signs to look for to determine if your flat roof is nearing replacement-status:
- 1. You are regularly dealing with leaks inside your home.
- 2. Your roof has holes, tear, etc. that have not been properly repaired.
- 3. Your roof has bubbles, cracks, waves, low spots, divots, etc.
- 4. The roof around structures – pipes, vents, etc. – shows signs of rot, deterioration, etc.
- 5. Your roof never completely dry; there are pools of water that never drain.
If your roof is experiencing any of these issues, and you want to know if it’s time for a replacement, give Schrock Commercial Roofing a call at (406) 961-2990. We will never suggest a roof replacement if repairs or restoration will do. Call today for a free estimate or on-site inspection.
Flat Roof Replacement Options
If your flat roof does, indeed, need to be replaced, it is a good time to review all your roofing material options. The experts at Schrock Commercial Roofing can walk you through all of the choices and help you decide which is best for you:
- Metal – Durable (lasts up to 35 years), but prone to rust
- EPDM (Rubber) – The most common choice for flat roofs, cheap, quick to install
- Built-up (BUR) – hot tar and gravel is less expensive and fire resistant, but very heavy
- Modified Bitumen – Environmentally friendly, reflective, and durable, but require the use of fire to seal, which is a hazard
- And many more!
Efficient, Professional Flat Roof Installation
When you hire Schrock Commercial Roofing to install your new flat commercial roof, you can rest easy knowing you are working with the best. Schrock Commercial Roofing prides itself on providing world-class workmanship and unmatched customer service.
Every new roof install involves a standard set of steps, to help ensure consistent quality among all jobs we complete:
- Cleaning of the existing roof system
- Removal and replacement of any damaged roofing components – rotting wood, rusted flashings, etc.
- Design and install a long-lasting, high-performing roof system, meeting all local standards and codes
- Install all related accessories – flashings, drip edge, boots, curbs, etc.
- Clean up and remove all debris, including fasteners (nails, screws)
- Offer warranty coverage on all labors and materials
- Do a final walkover for quality assurance
Call For A Free Estimate!
Schrock Commercial Roofing, Inc. is the number one commercial roofing contractor of choice for residents and business owners of Montana. We pride ourselves on being OSHA compliant and following exactly the correct installation procedures for every type of roof. Call us at (406) 961-2990 today to experience working with courteous, knowledgeable roofing experts who will install your new, energy-efficient flat roof in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.