Unless you’ve been living under a rock the last several years, you’ve probably heard about roof coatings. Commercial roof coatings are a relative newcomer to the roofing industry, but have proven themselves to be a cost-effective way to rejuvenate old roofs quickly and effectively.
At Schrock Commercial Roofing, we’ve been applying long-lasting, durable roof coatings to commercial and industrial buildings in and around Kalispell, MT, for more than 35 years – almost as long as roof coatings have been around. Let us help you take your roof to the next level of performance with a premium roof coating. Call us today for your free estimate! (406) 961-2900
Roof Coatings 101
Roof coatings go by many names – restoration membranes, liquid-applied or fluid-applied roof systems, monolithic membranes, seamless roofs. They typically consist of a mixture of chemicals, sprayed or rolled onto an existing rooftop.
There are two main types of commercial roof coatings, and each varies in its application, cost, sustainability, durability, and maintenance:
1) Silicone – Solvent-based. More durable than other coatings. Often installed with a fabric-reinforced layer to improve resilience. Last 10-15 years and can be re-coated. Works well with a variety of roof slopes. More expensive than acrylic. Needs to be cleaned regularly to keep surface clean of dirt and maintain reflectivity.
2) Acrylic – Water-based. Can be installed in most climates. Reflective, UV-resistant, and low maintenance. Susceptible to standing water. More cost-effective than silicone coatings.
Whatever coating you choose, it will effectively extend the life of your roof while saving you money, improving energy efficiency, and reducing maintenance needs. The experts at Schrock Commercial Roofing will evaluate your existing roof and help you select the roof coating that best fits your needs.
Reflective Roof Coating Benefits
The popular rise of coatings in the roofing industry is due in large part to the many advantages they offer. Their strengthening, reflective formulas reinforce your roof and protect it against the effects of age and weathering for many years, all at a fraction of the cost of roof replacement.
Here is an overview of just a few of the benefits roof coatings offer:
- Insulates the building from the top down, helping regulate interior temperatures
- Solar reflectance cools rooftop temperatures by up to 80 degrees
- Lowers utility costs by 30-50% by reducing heat absorption
- Thermal emittance radiates absorbed heat back into the air instead of your building
- ENERGY STAR certification, qualifying for possible tax rebates
- Reduces strain on HVAC equipment
- Helps rooftop last longer
- Shields the roof from dust, dirt, and other debris
- Effectivley waterproofs the roof, reducing the likelihood of leaks
- Fire-resistance improves safety
- And much more!
Working With Schrock Commercial Roofing
If you’re interested in learning more about roof coatings, the experienced roofers at Schrock Commercial Roofing can help. For nearly 4 decades, we’ve been drawing on our extensive experience to provide customized solutions to property managers and building owners throughout Montana. Call us today to get started! (406) 961-2900