Schrock Roofing offers three main types of single-ply membranes for your commercial roofing needs. Each is well-suited to flat or low-sloping roofs, and each has unique strengths and weaknesses. The experts at Schrock Roofing can walk you through each choice and help you select the best roofing system for your needs and budget. Whether you are considering installing a new single-ply roof for your commercial building, or whether your old single-ply membrane needs some attention, Schrock Roofing can help. Call us today at (406) 961-2990. We service Anaconda, Montana, and the surrounding areas.
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) is one of the most popular and cost-effective single-ply membranes on the market. Seams can be heat welded, allowing for fast, easy installation. Highly reflective, TPO can significantly reduce utility costs.
Ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) is a rubber single-ply membrane. Known for their resilience, durability, elasticity, and strength, EPDM membranes are naturally black but can be coated to provide a cool or white surface.
PVC is the best performer in the lineup of single-ply membranes. It is a highly flexible and versatile membrane with great resistance to chemicals such as ozone, grease, and animal fats. Highly reflective, PVC can reduce utility costs and perform efficiently in all seasons.
Each of these membranes can be installed in a variety of ways:
- Ballasting – The roof membrane is not anchored or adhered in any way to the decking material, but is held in place by some type of weight spread over it, usually gravel.
- Mechanical Attachment – Lightweight fasteners like nails or screws hold the membrane to the roofing deck. Easy to maintain and install.
- Fully Adhered – Adhesive bonds the single-ply membrane to the roof deck and gives it superior protection against wind uplift.
Single-Ply Membrane Waterproofing & Maintenance
Schrock Roofing understands that the best way to take care of your single-ply roof is to maintain it with excellent waterproofing and regular maintenance. That is why we provide high-quality single-ply roof coatings and long-term maintenance contracts for single-ply roofs.
Our fluid-applied roof coatings from Conklin Roofing Systems can add years to the life of your aging and weathered single-ply roof and restore it to optimal energy efficiency. Other benefits include:
- Less expensive than a roof replacement – lower material and labor costs
- Can be installed without disrupting business
- Reduces cost/frequency of repairs
- Thick, seamless, durable, and water-tight roof membrane
- ENERGY STAR certification
- Resistance to hurricane-force winds, fire, hail, solar radiation, and more
- Flexible – expands and contracts with temperature changes
- Reflects up to 85% of the sun’s rays
- Potentially 30-50% utility cost savings
- No more leaks and easy to repair if needed
Schrock Roofing also provides long-term maintenance contracts, so you can protect your single-ply or roof coating investment. Our maintenance plans are fully customizable – you choose how often we inspect your roof and what services are performed. Industry standards recommend having your roof inspected by a professional every 6 months, and a full assessment plus basic services such as cleaning are suggested.
From single-ply roof repair to roof coatings, installation, and maintenance, Schrock Roofing can help you improve your roof’s performance and extend its life, all while reducing your operating costs. Our team of expert roofs stands ready to take your roof to the next level. Call us today at (406) 961-2990 to get your Anaconda, Montana property started and schedule a free consultation!